Official Description: The Support Library is a static library that you can add to your Android application in order to use APIs that are either not available for older platform versions or utility APIs that aren't a part of the framework APIs. Compatible on devices running API 14 or later.
This library contains
DrawerLayout, the stock Android solution for adding
a navigation drawer to your UI.
DrawerLayout supports drawers on the left
or right side, and it can integrate with the Navigation component if you wish
to use it to populate what goes in the drawer.
As with many of the Jetpack classes,
DrawerLayout originated in the
Android Support Library. If you see material referring to
android.support.v4.widget.DrawerLayout, that is the Android Support Library
version. That material may be slightly out of date, but many of the concepts
covered in older posts and articles may still have some value.
- Making Google-Apps Like NavigationView (2019-09-10)
- How to setup a Drawer with Android Navigation Components (2019-04-23)
- Android Navigation Drawer in Kotlin (2019-01-03)
- Latest Stable: 1.0.0
- Latest Release Candidate: 1.0.0-rc02
- Latest Beta: 1.0.0-beta01
- Latest Alpha: 1.1.0-alpha03