Official Description: Android Support Palette v7
Palette is a class that can examine a photo and identify prominent colors,
assigning them to various roles (e.g., “vibrant”). Apps that use photos
and want to use complementary colors for associated UI elements (e.g., toolbars)
Palette to identify the colors to use. In practice, few apps
need this capability.
As with many classes in the Jetpack,
Palette was introduced long before
the Jetpack was created, back when we used the Android Support Library.
Blog posts and similar materials written before 2019 will be referring
to that older class. The API will be largely the same with the
edition of the class.
- Dynamic Color using Palettes (2020-04-04)
- Extracting Colors to a Palette with Android Lollipop (2015-01-08)
- Latest Stable: 1.0.0
- Latest Release Candidate: 1.0.0-rc02
- Latest Beta: 1.0.0-beta01
- Latest Alpha: 1.0.0-alpha3